Sunday, March 22, 2009

I will never leave you nor forsake you


‘If you’re feeling that God is far away, guess who moved.’

The phrase ‘never leave you’ is pretty clear, but what does ‘forsake’ mean?

forsake (v.) - abandon: leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch;
So if you change out the words, the phrase then becomes ‘never leave you nor abandon you;’ or, ‘never leave you in a lurch or when you are counting on me.’
I’ve tried to take on these issues on my own, not that God can’t handle them (He can), but that I can handle them well enough myself. God showed me , just by bringing these verses into my head, that He’s the one in control of all of the situations that are causing me stress and worry, and that yes, I’m correct in the fact that I can’t do anything to resolve them. The best I can do in this situation is to draw even closer to God. The other thing I can do is open myself up to be used by God in any way He sees fit.
God is big enough to handle my problems. Sometimes we don’t know HOW He’s going to do it, or why He hasn’t done it already, but we can trust that He’s in control, because He’s told us so in His Word.
How do you feel far from God, and why is it hard for you to believe that God will ‘never leave you nor forsake you?’ My prayer for you this week is that He’ll help you feel His presence close by you. He will be that ‘very present help in time of need.’ (Hebrews 4:16)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kel-Kel I do feel his presence close to me. I know you do too.
    Love
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete